24 hours prior to your appointment:
● Avoid exercise or heavy physical activity.
● No massage or lymph treatments.
● No chiropractic adjustments.
● No saunas, steam baths or hot tubs.
● No hot or cold packs.
Day of Exam:
● Avoid All make up. Oil based products on the body will affect accurate detection by
● No hot shower within 4 hours of imaging.
● Avoid deodorant or creams on the skin, especially oils.
● No heat lamps or sunburn – you will have to reschedule
● Do not shave area to be imaged.
● For head imaging, do not eat for at least 2 hours prior.
● No gum chewing.
● Avoid A/C in the car blowing directly on the patient.
● You will be asked to remove all jewelry in the area to be imaged.
What To Expect:
When you arrive, we’ll take you back to our scan room where you’ll be given a gown to change into.
This will allow your body to adjust to the temperature of the room. For a Breast Study, you’ll remove
your clothing from the waist up, along with all jewelry. We’ll also provide a headband and clips if we
need to have you pull your hair up. For a Full Body or Health Study, we’ll ask you to remove all jewelry
and clothing, except your underwear.
After you have changed, your thermographer will review the forms that you brought in, ensuring
that we accurately understand what you’ve written. We’ll also ask about any areas of concern
that you might have. Your thermography session will involve taking several images and your
clothing will need to be removed while the images are taken. During this time, you will be behind
a room divider and given complete privacy. Your dignity and comfort are extremely important to
us. We will need you to be very still while the image is taken but you will be able to relax
Once your imaging is complete you can change back into your clothes. If you’d like to see some
of the images taken, you are more than welcome, but please understand that any interpretation
or information about what we “see” will come in your written report from our medical doctors who
will interpret the images.
How long will my appointment last?
The length of your appointment will be determined by what type of study you choose. A Breast
Study takes approximately 30 minutes, a Health Study takes approximately 45 minutes, and a
Full Body Study takes approximately an hour.
How will I receive my results?
You will receive your report via secure email approximately 7-10 days after your appointment. The
report will include all of the images taken, along with a written report from our interpreting
Once you have received your report, we are available to review this with you to make sure that
you understand the report. You are more than welcome to contact us to schedule this review.
We are proud to be associated and members of our affiliates
call to schedule an appointment
7790 N Oracle Rd, Ste 120
Oro Valley, AZ, 85704
Shared office space with:
Wild-Wellness Integrative Medicine
Dr. Joshua Reilly ND
AZ Licensed Naturopathic Doctor